Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Final Project


My Big idea is identity. I sought out to create a final project that send the message that everyone essentially creates who they are by what they do. Yet, another challenge was to encompass this creation in a way that does not only entail a single facet of one’s life, such as their job, or relationships. I was seeking to personify the idea that every single action we do, makes us who we are. I then used the internet as a resource to find common links of what people determined was their version of identity. What I found was quite a few pictures of question marks but I began to realize that almost everything we do, we do with our hands. We form relationships, communicate, feed ourselves, and make a living all with the help of our hands. So why not find a way to create an image out of hands? I could imagine my artwork being used for an album cover perhaps. There aren’t an incredibly amount of elements but I feel as if the simplicity makes them all the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment